Policies & Procedures
By scheduling service with Locally Maid, you are agreeing to accept the following terms and conditions.
Appointment Cancellation Policy: In the event you need to cancel or reschedule please contact Locally Maid by phone or email. If you cancel within 24 hours of your cleaning, you will be charged a cancellation fee of $50. If our team arrives and they don’t have adequate access/entry to your home, or you cancel within 2 hours of your scheduled appointment, you will be charged the full cost of your service. If you will not be home for your service, please make sure our team has instructions for accessing your home prior to the cleaning.
Please understand that this policy is in place because last minute cancellations cause our team to lose valuable work time. Last minute cancellations do not leave us enough time to accommodate other clients in your place. Our customers have peace of mind knowing without a doubt we will be at every appointment we schedule. We request the same courtesy from our customers.
Estimate Accuracy: Our estimates can only be as accurate as our customers are realistic about the condition of the home. Our estimates are usually quite accurate when all areas of the home are accounted for during initial discussion or on the estimate form, when the home’s square footage is factual and especially when the home’s condition is realistically defined. The home’s condition is the largest determining factor of time.
Upon arrival, if we think it will take significantly more time to clean than estimated, we will attempt to contact you and let you know right away. If we can not contact you, the manager will decide whether or not to continue cleaning or to stop cleaning at the estimated time and leave areas unfinished. If you have a preference, please discuss this with us in advance while scheduling your cleaning.
You will be charged for actual cleaning hours (rounded up to the nearest 5 minutes) and not the estimated time.
Payment for Services: Payment is due when our services are delivered. An invoice will be sent to you with options for preferred methods of payment. Payment due upon receipt of the invoice or a $10.00 per day late payment fee will be applied. A $40 fee will be applied to all returned items from your bank.
Before your cleaning appointment: Your price for cleaning is based on the professional house cleaners focusing all of their time and energy on cleaning instead of routine housekeeping. We ask that you take a few minutes before a scheduled cleaning for general housekeeping to allow easy access to areas/surfaces to be cleaned. There are things you can do before your cleaning appointment to save cleaning time and money, i.e. wash dishes, make beds, pick up clothing/toys on floor and generally de-clutter. We’re happy to do any of these with advance notice and with the understanding that they were not included in the estimate. If you’d like our professional house cleaners to do these tasks for you, please email Locally Maid before your appointment so we can adjust the team’s schedule and adjust your cleaning fee for the additional “cleaning preparation” time.
- Dusting knick‐knacks, collectables, and other small items: We clean small items based on the size and the number of items on a shelf or flat surface like a mantel. If there are 10 or fewer small items on a shelf we will clean them and the surface below them and return the item to the shelf. If there are more than 10 items per shelf we may need to clean only the surfaces around those items.
- Cleaning height limits: We are not able to clean items on shelves or hung on a wall that are higher than a professional house cleaner of average height can reach standing on a 2-step stool. We do use extension poles to “high dust” rooms but we will not “high dust” items that may tip over or are hung on the wall because we are not able to hold it with one hand in order to secure it while we clean.
- Showers and Tubs: Showers and Tubs can accumulate lime, calcium and soap scum. Our cleaning products work very well on cutting through these deposits, however some showers and tubs may not become free of these deposits. Mold and mildew are organic and will grow deep into and behind grout or caulk. Surface stains will be minimized by our cleaning products, but completely eliminating it may require the homeowner to have these areas re‐grouted or re‐caulked.
Cleaning Products: We provide our professional house cleaners with all necessary tools, equipment and cleaning supplies necessary for a thorough job. If you have marble, granite or any other surfaces that require special product, please have that product ready for our professional house cleaners.
Please make sure a step stool is available. Please note our team will not climb higher than two steps, so a ladder is not needed. If furniture will need to be moved, our team can not lift more than 25 lbs. Please have someone present to move the furniture for them.
Damage or Breakage: Our professional house cleaners exercise the most reasonable care when cleaning your home. We do carry insurance for damage caused by our cleaners. We are not liable for damage that is caused by “normal wear and tear,” improper installation of an item in your home, or artwork, collectibles or family heirlooms valued over $100 that were not disclosed during the setup process. These items include but are not limited to the following examples:
- Carpet & Rug Snags: Carpet snags are the result of “exposed loops” caused by normal wear and tear, moving furniture, etc. which are snagged by a vacuum’s roller‐brush. We take the most care possible to prevent rug snags while vacuuming, but are not able to individually vacuum each piece of fringe at the end of a rug and will not be responsible for damage caused.
- Broken Blinds: Customers should be aware that there are some inherent risks each time your blinds are cleaned. Blinds will become brittle from daily exposure to the sun, and strings/chords will weaken over time resulting in breaks. For this reason, our professional house cleaners will only clean shutter-style blinds.
- Improperly hung pictures/decorations/mirrors/clocks/fixtures: If these items are securely/properly attached to the wall, they should not fall when the item is cleaned.
- Artwork, Collectibles, Family Heirlooms and valuables over $100: These items are expensive or impossible to replace; we will not take the risk of cleaning such items. When scheduling your initial cleaning, please let us know about any of these items so we can avoid cleaning them unless the customer wants to sign a waiver of liability. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform Locally Maid of any new items brought into the home, after our initial setup, that fall into this category.
Safety and Work Conditions Temperature Settings: Many of our customers adjust the thermostat to conserve on expenses and maintain appropriate temperatures during the day while they are at work. For safety reasons, if our professional house cleaners arrive to a home that is warm and the air conditioning is turned off or it is very cold in the winter months, our cleaners are instructed to adjust the thermostat while they are in your home. They will return the temperature to the previous setting before they leave.
Pet feces, urine, vomit, litter boxes, etc.: Our professional house cleaners cannot touch or pick up pet feces or vomit, including emptying litter‐boxes or touching/moving house training pads. Urine stains on hardwood floors will be mopped by our professional house cleaners, but please understand that if urine has soaked into wood, the stain may not come out and you may need to contact a flooring specialist.
We welcome your feedback: Getting customer feedback is an important ingredient to a successful house cleaning service relationship. Your feedback helps us monitor the performance of our team and deliver the highest quality cleaning experience in the industry. After your cleaning service is completed we invite you to provide honest feedback!
Non‐solicitation of Locally Maid employees: When entering into an agreement for services with Locally Maid you agree not to solicit for hire any staff member for any kind of cleaning services. We spend a lot of time, money and resources finding, interviewing, checking references, doing background checks, and especially training our professional house cleaners. When hired, each professional house cleaner signs an agreement barring them from performing any home‐related service for any of our past or present customers or any customer we’ve given an estimate to. We consider our employees our most valuable asset.
Privacy Statement: Locally Maid is committed to protecting the privacy of customers. We will not sell, exchange or otherwise distribute your personal identifiable information to outside parties.